About the project
Non-formal education has always been a generator of educational innovations, as well as a flexible response to changing social needs. In last two decades, within the NFE in the youth field, along with the calls for its better recognition, there is a number of initiatives towards more professionalization and quality development, that led to establishing the various quality assurance systems for trainers and youth workers at European level (European guidelines for validating non‑formal and informal learning and Quality in non-formal education and training in the field of European youth). Following this need to ensure the quality in youth non-formal education, as well as to keep its potential for innovation using eLearning, there is a need to strengthen youth practitioners’ ability to constantly reflect on their own educational principles and practices, to challenge them and adjust them to fit better to the current social challenges.
Eurostat research showed that large proportion of the population of the European Union (EU), particularly young people are using the internet on daily basis. Looking at access to ICTs at home, four fifths (81 %) of all households in the EU-28 had internet access. Are youth workers and trainers, ready to learn and use ICT and eLearning to find creative ways to include youth using ICT? Are trainers and youth workers equipped enough to help young people understand how to use the internet positively, safely and effectively.
The Project is designed from 9 interconnected activities:
- 1st Activity – Kick-off meeting
- 2nd Activity – Seminar “NFE in Europe reloaded”
- 3rd Activity – Training course no. I “Development of the eLearning skills/ Introduction to Moodle LMS to youth work practitioners”
- 4th Activity – First group of online eLearning courses
- 5th Activity - Mid-term on-line meeting of Project partners
- 6th Activity – Training course no. II “Development of the eLearning skills/ Introduction to Moodle LMS to youth work practitioners”
- 7th Activity – Second online courses
- 8th Activity “Make, Share, Care: Conference on eLearning and Social Media used in youth work in Western Balkans and EU”
- 9th Activity – Evaluation and the follow-up meeting.
Project gathers organisations from 8 participating countries
- Group “Let’s…“ and Moodle Mreža Srbije (Serbian Moodle Network) – Serbia;
- Youth in Free Initiative – Albania,
- Hyvärilän Nuorisokeskus – Finland,
- Association center for intercultural dialogue Kumanovo - Macedonia,
- BONSAI – Croatia,
- Red Europea Los Jovenes Importan Ahora - Spain,
- Lietuvos neformaliojo ugdymo asociacija – Lithuania,
- Organizata Jo-Qeveritare Ligo Lex Legid KS - Kosovo